Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing Ten - Virtual Worlds

This is the one Thing that I do not feel comfortable with. It will take a lot of time, effort and learning to move around and be good at this. Why? Well, to be real honest I'm not a game player. Sure board games are one thing, but way back when Pac-Man came out and my 5 year old daughter could beat me, I knew that this part of technology would pass me by. I understand the part that gaming plays in today's library (especially the Public Library) but it doesn't mean that I will be good at this. I try to learn and keep my students and staff informed of all the new resources and the new things available but I'm just not good at all of them. I will share this information with my students, discuss the possiblities - I read about the virtual field trips - I see that of being of great interest to a few on my campus.

I did do all the reading, downloaded, installed and created the avatar. I know I will find a few students on my campus who will love this and be willing to pass on some pointers. For now I will file this information for future experimentation.

Later,
Dewey Rhapsody

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, I just don't see the point.

Teacher Mommy said...

Me either! I can't imagine having time to do such really.