Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing Sixteen - Wiki, wiki, wiki

I enjoyed this Thing more than some of the others. There was lots to read, and I clicked on all the links, and the links within those links and bounced off from there to other things to read. The bottomline...wikis seem to be an easy way to edit webpages and offer simple possiblities for collaboration. I understand the concept, I can see librarians buying into the process, it may take teachers a bit longer. It may start as simply planning for student instruction that involves the library. We'll see what I can come up with and then I'll be sure to add it to a wiki...

I found great ideas within The Teacher Librarian Wiki
My favorite was Copyright Friendly Image Source
I also found a great list of Graphic Novels for Secondary Libraries. In Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki the section on Selling your Library - wow, some great ideas. I bookmarked several of the sites in Del.icio.us. See, I learned something useful...

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Of course, you did! Did you ever doubt it? :)