Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing Twenty One - Podcast fun?

This mini-review of a few of the 2008-2009 Tayshas books is an example of a podcast created in Photostory. The script and audio was provided by a theater arts high school senior who volunteered to add her young, expressive voice to this basic example., rather than my senior voice that is anything but young! I can see myself putting together something fun and creative to start off the next school year. Maybe with leisure time this summer?

Now, I will say that I see the value in this, but this mini-project was a real time zapper. More than anything I had many issues with uploading to blogger.com. Since I refused to register to be able to get help (just couldn't deal with one more registration or login to remember), I tried uploading on a different computer and it seems to be working as expected.

So that's it for this one, podcast fun...

Oh no, I just noticed that this posted at 2:09 this afternoon, well its true that I uploaded the podcast for the third time from school today after trying unsuccessfully from home twice before. The rest of this post was published at 8:50 pm just before the blogger.com server went down for maintenance.

1 comment:

Random Travels said...

Hey, your book reviews were great. I'm with you on the time consumption for this 'pod-task', but if my project turns out well, it will be worth the agony. I'm actually wanting to do a read-aloud and have requested permission from the Ezra Keats foundation. If they say no, I'll just default to a review of the same book so my work will not be for naught. Since I've already Ning'ed, I've just got to write my final comments. The sense of accomplishment is tremendous - prior to this course, I didn't know just how techno-illiterate I was....